The health, safety, and well-being of our event attendees and staff is always our top priority. Our team closely monitors the evolving situation regarding COVID-19, especially as it pertains to our live events.
We are so excited to spend time with you soon, and have policies and procedures in place to keep you safe at our retreats, so you can focus on your growth without worrying about anything else. We are taking every precaution to ensure the highest degree of sanitation, health, and safety at all of our events. Above all else, our staff is committed to your well-being and following federal, state and county requirements and guidelines for health and wellness.
We are currently requesting that all attendees planning to attend our in-person events monitor themselves for symptoms. If you have symptoms, administer a rapid covid test to ensure you are negative before travelling to attend the retreat. We will also monitor event participants for symptoms, do temperature checks and administer rapid covid tests if needed. In the unlikely event of a positive result, the individual will not be able to enter the Meditation Nest and will receive a credit voucher for a future davidji event. If you are staying on site and test positive, you will need to find new accommodations for that evening.
Ensuring Health and Safety at davidji Events
Our team is receiving up-to-the-minute announcements and recommendations from California state and San Diego County departments of health to ensure the highest level of safety, sanitation, and well-being for our guests. We realize that federal, state and local health department rules and regulations regarding COVID-19 are ever changing and evolving. We have created the following guidelines based current recommendations to employ during our signature in-residence retreats. These protocols will be updated as appropriate based on CDC guidelines.
How We Protect You
- Reinforce the importance of personal hygiene (hand hygiene and cough etiquette).
- Provide both guests and employees with increased access to hygiene materials such as tissues, hand-sanitizer stations, and disinfectant wipes.
- Stock properly applicable disinfectant products throughout all common areas (shared bathroom, community room, kitchen, etc.).
- Closely monitor employee health, and require symptomatic employees to stay home.
- Thoroughly clean and disinfect all hard surfaces throughout the day to ensure complete sanitation.
- Provide water bottles for guests throughout the event to avoid cross-contamination.
- Provide prepackaged snacks to guests to avoid cross-contamination.
Public Area Protocol
- Increase cleaning and disinfection frequency for surfaces frequently touched by guests and employees.
- Clean and disinfect shared restroom at least three times daily.
- Request that guests clean surfaces touched in bathroom before and after each use.
- Provide alcohol-based hand sanitizer stations at shared restroom and around community areas.
- Diligently practice food safety procedures to help prevent cross contamination (note: on-site food storage will not be available for our guests at this time).
- All laundry is done while guests are off-site.
- Wash laundry thoroughly between guest stays – linens, blankets, towels, etc.
- Wear disposable gloves while handling items to be laundered. Wash hands immediately after removing gloves.
How We Protect Our Team
- Closely monitor employee health.
- Reinforce personal hygiene and cough etiquette to employees and volunteers.
- Require symptomatic employees to stay home.
- Provide hand sanitizer stations, Ready to Use (RTU) disinfectant spray or wipes, gloves and tissues for employees.
- Employees regularly disinfect all personal hard contact surfaces, i.e., desk, telephone, and computer keypad, countertops, etc.
- Educate and inform all employees of pandemic status and proper infection control procedures for davidji Meditation Academy retreats.
- Providing gloves, disinfectant spray and wipes, masks, soap, and hand sanitizer stations throughout the common areas for employees and volunteers.
Onsite, we reserve the right to restrict guest access to any event activity if a guest displays signs of illness. Additionally, we encourage all guests attend prepared with the extra protection efforts such as the below:
- Bring your face mask if you wish to wear one. We will also provide disposable face masks if needed.
- Limit physical contact with other guests.
- Travel with your own blanket and yoga mat for community activities if you prefer.
- Pack an ample supply of hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes – we will have supplies available in our common areas, but it is a good idea to have personal supplies available for off-site dining, shopping, etc.
Personal hygiene is of critical importance to limit the spread of Covid-19. Here are some prevention tips from the CDC that you can do to protect yourself and others:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Follow state and local protocols.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 70% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
- In addition to basic preventive measures, we encourage people to continue all of the healthy daily practices that we teach at davidji Meditation Academy to keep your immune system strong: daily meditation, ample sleep, good nutrition and regular exercise.
We’re monitoring a variety of sources to fact-check and stay up to date on the latest news.
Lets Stay Connected
If you have any other questions about what it will be like to attend a davidji Meditation Academy retreat, please email us at email@example.com. If you are ready to take the leap & sign up for a retreat, check them out here!
We are happy to address any and all concerns. No question is too small when it comes to your safety. Keep trusting, keep meditating, keep showing up for your daily self-care practices, and stay safe. We are all in this together.