India Arie is a trailblazer in the realms of music, personal empowerment, and spiritual awakening. A dedicated student of the ancient wisdom traditions, she is an archetype of creativity, courage, inspiration & transformation. For over two decades, India’s body of work has touched tens of millions of people around the world connecting them to their inner light. A 20-time Grammy nominee and 4-time Grammy Award Winner, India has transcended all musical categories having been honored and celebrated in the genres of R&B, Soul, Urban, Pop, Alternative & New Age.
As a certified Masters of Wisdom & Meditation Teacher, India personally understands the level of commitment, dedication & trust needed to take one’s practice and life to the next level. As a global icon of transformation and personal evolution, she knows at the Soul level the unwavering inner strength, power & grace needed to balance, heal, and thrive in today’s world – as a woman, as a black woman, as a creator, as a musician, as an agent of change, and as someone who has used her voice to transform the world.
Twice each year, India and the davidji Meditation Academy Scholarship Committee will select an individual who exemplifies these same qualities & native energies to receive a full tuition scholarship (valued at $4,000) for the Masters of Wisdom & Meditation Teacher Training – this includes access to the online dashboard, weekly lessons, videos, meditations, weekly webinars, our private Teacher Training Facebook page, study groups, the course manual, a one-on-one session with davidji, and attendance at the in-residence week (in person or virtual). Upon graduation & certification, the recipient will receive all the benefits offered to our tribe of Certified Teachers including access to the Teacher’s Portal and invitations to our monthly all-teacher webinars. Travel, lodging, book purchases, meals, and any incidentals are not included in this scholarship.
To consider your application further we ask that you confirm that you:
- have an established meditation practice
- have a desire and ability to demonstrate the benefits of meditation, inspire others and guide/support them in developing their own meditation practice
- are able to commit to the 16 weeks of online and in-residence training, including attending Zoom weekly webinars each Sunday submitting all assignments and attending the full certification week – either Virtual or in person.
- are able to cover your book costs
- if you choose the in person track, are able to cover your own lodging and travel expenses, (note that if you choose the virtual track there will be no travel expenses)
- have submitted an “essay” (maximum of 300 words) or a 2 minute that explains your interest in the training and how you propose to use the training after graduation
To apply, please download this application and send your completed forms to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Previous India Arie I am Light Scholarship Recipients